Amigram.com Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a set of commonly asked questions. If you don’t see your question or if you have a suggestion or general comment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re creating an Amigram Announcement:
- I registered but didn't get my verification email. Where is it?
Please check your spam file. If it's not there, please contact email@example.com.
- I’m creating an Amigram announcement, do I have to answer all of the questions; for example, my last name?
No, you do not need to include your last name. You can choose what, if any, questions you would like to answer and leave the rest blank. We do ask for a location, however. The reason for that is listed below.
- I want to create and send another Amigram announcement. Do I have to re-enter all my email addresses?
No. You can use any or all of your address book you created for your first Amigram. You should be able to see your addresses in Step 5 Contacts.
- How can I include a video?
Yes. Click here for instructions on including a video.
- I'm having problems uploading my video
Be sure when you click "share" on YouTube, you then click "embed" to get the code you need. Do not use the first link under "Share this video" as that is just a link and not the code you need.
- I sent an Amigram announcement to my friends’ email addresses but some of them didn’t get it?
It could be because your friends' email address is no longer active or it could have gone into their junk folder. You will not receive a notice if their email is no longer active.
- Why am I required to put in a location?
As Amigram.com grows, we'd like visitors to be able to view public amigram announcements in their hometown. If you live in the US, just enter the city and state, or zip code. You can put in as many locations as you want. If you selected that only family and friends can see your announcement, it will not be searchable by others.
If you live outside the US, enter the name of the city and a two letter abbreviation for your country; for example, for Paris, France, enter Paris, FR. If you're unsure of the abbreviation, see country abbreviations or just enter any two letters. We will be adding a functionality to make it easier to add cities outside the U.S. If you have difficulty entering a location outside the U.S., please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I make my Amigram announcement private?
In Step 4, under Posting Options, select the option send only to my family and friends. When you do this, your family and friends will be able to see your amigram by clicking the link in the email you send through Amigram.com. The only way they will be able to see your Amigram announcement is through this link so they should bookmark it. Other visitors to Amigram.com will not be able to see your amigram.
- My photo in the little profile box on the category page is not displaying correctly. How do I fix this?
In Step 2 Upload Photos, move the box in your primary photo so it captures what you want to display and then click Save.
- Why didn't my Amigram announcement show up on the home page or under "Most Recent" on the category page?
There could be two reasons. The first is that if your Amigram announcement is not a wedding, baby, pet, business or miscellaneous amigram, it won't show up on the home page as only those five categories are on the home page. Secondly, if your Amigram annouoncement doesn't contain a photo, it won't show up on the home page because a photo is required to be on the home page. It will be posted on the respective category page but won't be on that category home page as a photo is required.
- I created an Amigram announcement but it didn't show up on the Amigram.com site. Why not?
If your Amigram announcement did not show up on the site and you hit the Finish button, it's most likely your Amigram did not comply with our Terms of Agreement. For example, all Amigram announcements are required to be in English. Also, we do not allow any pornography, or any announcements derogatory to a race or creed.
- How do I edit my Amigram announcement that's already been published?
Log in and go to My Accounts (upper right of your screen). Under My Announcements, double click the amigram you want to edit and then click whatever step it is you want to edit.
- I've already created and sent my Amigram announcement but now want to send it to more people. How do I do that?
Log in and go to My Accounts (upper right of your screen). Under My Announcements, double click the Amigram announcement you want to send and then go to Step 5 Contact List, enter your additional contacts and click Finish. People who received your earlier Amigram email will not receive a second email.
- Will I be notified when someone posts a comment on my Amigram announcement?
Yes, if you've selected to have visitors post comments, you will receive an email each time a comment has been posted. If you want to turn off this email notification, you can do so under Change Your Account Settings in My Account.
- What happened to my links I included in my profile?
Any broken links will be deleted as will those which link to link farms. We also limit number of links to three. If you have multiple links to the same site, all but one of your links will be deleted.
- How many contacts can I upload?
The maximum number you can upload and send at any one time is 200. If you have more than 200, you can add those after you hit "Finish" to your first sending. We limit the number of amigram emails that can go out at any one time to 200 to avoid spammers.
If you’re viewing an Amigram announcement
If you don’t see your question on this page or have a general comment
- I know my friend posted an announcement, but I can’t find it?
Your friend may have chosen to keep his or her announcement private. If your friend chose to keep his or her announcement private, the only way you can view it is by using the link in the Amigram email your friend sent you.
- I placed a comment on my friend’s announcement, why don’t I see it?
To prevent spammers, all comments are moderated so there will be a delay between when you wrote your comment and when it will be seen. If your friend chose to have comments posted visible only to her or him, only your friend will see your comment.
... Please just send us an email
at email@example.com, and we will respond as quickly as we can – generally within one business day.